Sunday, February 3, 2013

ATC Contest. . .Yippee! I won!

The Heirloom Rubber Stamp Show Show was yesterday and not only did I attend and get to shop and visit with some crafty friends, but I also won the ATC contest! At each show, Heirloom sponsors an ATC contest with a specific theme and the vendors at the show are the judges. The theme for my show {the one in Lawrenceville GA} was Recycled Art with Office Supplies. When the theme was announced, I immediately thought of the little clothes hangers we used to make from paper clips. So that is where my idea began.

I used an old manila folder for the 3.5 x 2.5 inch base. Then I layered on part of an old pink "while you were out" message slip and a page from a top bound spiral notebook. Next came a piece of a rubber band that I stapled to the top of the card. From that, I hung the hanger made from a paper clip and an adorable little yellow dress made from a Post It Note. I used my Cricut and the scallop circle from Craft Room Basics to make the dress. By using CCR, I knew exactly where to place the 3 x 3 post it note on the mat. After that, I finished off the card with 3 brass brads that were used as paper fasteners long before they became popular with papercrafters.


As luck would have it, they announced the winner about 25 or so minutes after I left! Fortunately, some of my crafty friends were still at the show and called me. With my permission, they were able to claim the prize {which was $25 "rubber" bucks ~ good for purchases from any show vendor} and I told them to spend it! So it was a great day. . .I got the recognition and my friends got to enjoy the prize!

7 comments:

  1. How adorable! That was really some creative thinking! Congratulations to you...and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture really doesn't do it justice!! It was one of the cutest cards I've ever seen. Congratulations to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Your card is creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you won!! Your little card is fabulous and so creative! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, when I first read that, I saw: $25 rubber bands! LOL LOL

    Congrats, Paulette. Very creative! Too bad you weren't there to claim your prize but at least your crafty friends benefited. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and perfect recycled ATC card. I war a yellow sundress like this one! LOL!!!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete