Friday, May 23, 2014

Spring Up Style Card

I came across a great tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for this fancy fold card. I immediately designed it in Cricut Design Space so I could cut and score the card base easily. I made a test cut in plain white cardstock and it was too good to toss. So after I made the graduation card that I was searching for ideas for when I came across the tutorial for the Spring Up Card {and those will be posted tomorrow}, I decided to decorate the test one!


I had been playing with the Explore and Design Space and the write/draw feature. I edited the image of my little Cricut Fairy's dress so that some of the lines were drawn with the marker and the outline was cut. When I made 50 of these little fairies for name tags for Circle Mania, I hand drew the detail lines. Having the Explore do it and then cut the image was so much easier! I grabbed a scrap of purple paper and cut it to size. Then I embossed it before adding it to the card base. I added a piece of coordinating paper and viola! My plain white test cut is now a pretty little card! But even though it will fold flat to fit in an envelope, I think she will continue to sit on my desk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment