Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Diaper Tricycle!



I'm sure you've seen the Diaper Cakes that everyone is making for baby showers and gifts. And while I love the diaper cakes, I wanted something a little different for a special friend who is expecting a baby girl. So, here is the Diaper Tricycle I made for her!


To make the Trike, I used a package of 50 diapers, two receiving blankets, two bibs, a pair of baby socks, a bottle, a baby washcloth, two diaper pins and some ribbon. Other items used were a toilet paper tube, a paper towel tube, rubber bands and some glue dots.


Start by dividing the diapers. I used 15 for each of the back tires and 20 for the front. Take the toilet paper tube and layer the diapers around it. Secure them with a rubber band.






Take the paper towel tube and repeat the process on one end. Wrap the washcloth around the tube and secure with a couple of rubber bands. Cover the rubber band holding the diapers together with ribbon and glue dots.



Wrap the other end with the remaining diapers. And cover the rubber band with ribbon.


Take one of the receiving blankets and roll lengthwise.

Thread the blanket through the paper towel tube and then through the toilet paper tube. Secure with the diaper pins.

Work the blanket back through the paper towel tube so the pins are hidden inside the tube. Roll the other receiving blanket lengthwise and thread it through the toilet paper tube. Place the bottle on top of the front diaper tire and bring the ends of the blanket straight up. Hold the blanket together by using a rubber band right above the bottle.


Add a bib to form the seat and the other bib to form the front fender. Bend the blanket ends down and back a little to resemble handlebars. Add a baby socks to each end of the blanket for the handlebar grips.


Add a bow around the rubber band on the handlebars and viola! You have a Diaper Tricycle!  So, what do you think?

Linking this post to:
http://www.tipjunkie.com/homemade-projects-88/
http://todayscreativeblog.net/
http://www.skiptomylou.org/?s=link&x=23&y=19
http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/

32 comments:

  1. TOTALLY AWESOME!!! Your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me...This is amazing. How much fun and so different. GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the cutest thing! Thanks so much for sharing! Guess after this I'm gonna have to start calling you Nadia!!! (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! That is amazing. It is so darn cute, I want to make one and I don't even have anyone to give it to. Love it. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin cute!! I ♥LOVE♥ it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing idea! I absolutely love it!! I can't wait to have grandkids!!!!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Creativity at it's best! You are amazing! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You knocked this one out of the park!!!! I just love this project! Just pinnned it on Pinterest! You should link this to every link party you can find!!! Cute, cute, cute!!!! And I so love that you have provided the directions. I have no one even expecting, but the minute someone is, they are gonna be getting this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! How ever did you think of it? Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I concur with everything that has been said. This is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you come up with this stuff???? It's amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just blew my mind! So creative. I'm your newest follower :)

    Amanda @ www.thelittlegiggler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't begin to tell you how awesome this is!! The idea is so original and then you are so generous that you give the directions... thank you so mucy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I've seen on something like this made up as a motorcycle but no directions! I'm saving this and if my neighbors ever great pregnant I'm sooooo making this for the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, that is just totally amazing. And what's even more amazing is all the things that creative mind of yours comes up w/!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I seen one of these last year and wanted to make it, but couldn't figure out how. I made cakes instead. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there -- congrats…. your project was one of our top 3 viewed projects last week at Craft Junkie Too's weekly linky party -- stop by and grab the To 3 button code for your blog. I invite you to come on over and share some more crafty goodness with us.

    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/08/tgif-linky-party-21.html
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely Stunning! Great job! And thank you for the instructions!!
    Hugs, Wini

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can hardly wait to be invited to a baby shower so I have a reason to make one! Awesome job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is an awesome project!!! I just made a diaper cake this morning. Wish I would have seen your blog b4 I made it. I'm a new follower... and thanks for the great pic tutorial!

    www.shortycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea. Let me think. who can I make one for? This will be nice on video. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is sooooooo cute, Paulette! I'm giving a shower on Sept. 10 and it's gonna be a girl! This will be our centerpiece!!! Super great instructions, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is AMAZING!!! you are one TALENTED lady ... that I am PROUD to know!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Love it, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so CUTE! My oldest daughter and her husband are expecting their first child (first grandbaby) and Im going to have to make this for them...now I just have to wait until they let us know if its going to be a boy or a girl. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I love this so much!!! My daughter announced that we are going to be grandparents in July and we are all so excited! This is a 1st child for everyone in the family. So exciting! I'm making this as soon as we know what she is having. THank you again!
    Kathy:)

    kathy.unger113@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. was fun to make and very cute.

    ReplyDelete