Friday, August 26, 2011

Teeny Tiny Rose Tutorial



Since the team over at Fantabulous Cricut  http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/2011/08/thursdays-tutorial-birthday-projects.html choose to feature my tea light cake and teeny tiny roses, I thought I should do a tutorial!

You can use any scallop circle and size it according to your project. I used Elegant Edges and 1.25 inch circles for the roses I made for the tea light cake. If your image doesn't have a center circle cut out, use Design Studio, a Gypsy, CricutCraftRoom or a punch to add one.


Then snip between two of the scallops (anywhere is fine).






Take your quilling tool and insert the end to the left of where you cut the scallops.



Begin rolling the quilling tool toward you, keeping the paper tight around it.


When you reach the end of the strip, pull the rose off and let it "relax" a bit. Then glue the end to the roll.





Let the glue dry and use your fingernails to bend back some of the scallops.





And, there you have it. . .a cute teeny tiny rose for your project!


16 comments:

  1. So easy, but so cute! Thank you for the directions!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed being showcased on FCCB. Also glad you did the tutorial on those darling roses. I will definitely be making some of these. Thanks FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!! That is ADORABLE!!!TFS
    off to go find a scallop circle....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tutorial!!! TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so precious! I need to get a quilling tool so I can try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!!!! I just love this little rose! I am adding this to my list on inspirations on my blog!! Too cool!

    This would be perfect for metal ring blanks to make a sweet ring for a little girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn smart!!! Thanks for the tip, I can definitely see myself using these in the future!!! MUCH simpler than cutting the spiral roses out so teeny tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scrapaleete, This is awesome. Thanks so much for the teeny tiny roses instructions. I love making flowers any size & find it relaxing. Just hope my big fat fingers will work... Best, Mary R.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are just too cute and sound simple! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple, Elegant, Perfection... Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the tutorial. Can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea. I have always wanted to know how to make roses and this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish i could find a quilling tool locally. I can't believe Joannes or Micheals do not sell them! Great tutorial

    ReplyDelete