Friday, July 19, 2013

Christmas In July Blog Hop ~ Ornaments Edition!

Welcome to the third Christmas in July Blog Hop! This week's projects are Christmas Ornaments! We have another terrific line-up of Cricut crafting bloggers for you to hop to their blogs and see their projects! And, we have another prize for this week. It's a Trim the Tree cart! All you have to do to be entered into the drawing is to become a follower of my blog {please use the Join this site option even if you want to follow by email, it's OK to do both} and leave a comment on this post. And, you can get additional entries by leaving comments on the other blogs in the hop! So be sure to leave those comments and good luck in the drawing!

For my project, I decided to make a mini play kitchen like the ones we had {or wanted to have} when we were kids! I took my inspiration from a new Hallmark Keepsake ornament and used my Cricut to cut all the pieces.

 I started with a box that I designed in CCR using the Craft Room Basics image set. From there, I used two 1 inch cubes to make the oven and the sink/cabinet. A smaller box, 3/4 inch by 1 inch, was used for the upper cabinet and a strip of 2 1/2 inch card stock was used to make the window valance/plate shelf {oops! the plates are missing!}. A piece of lace was used for the curtains. The handles, cabinet doors and stove burners were cut using Craft Room Basics. The faucet was the letter "J' turned upside down {I cut several and glued them together for thickness}.
.
The back of the ornament has "siding" made from 1/4 inch strips of paper. The window moulding was cut using Craft Room Basics and the flower box is from the Bloom cart.



I hope you enjoyed seeing my ornament! And, before you hop off to Angela's Blog be sure to follow and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing for the Trim the Tree cart. Here's the entire Blog Hop line up, in case you get lost along the way:

Paulette at http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/ <<<start
Angela at http://angiespaperpassion.blogspot.com/ <<<go here next
Colleen at http://scrappycol.blogspot.com/
Theresa at http://scrapsbygracie.blogspot.com/
Beth at http://seaswancreations.blogspot.com/
Laura at http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/
Lori at http://singingshell.blogspot.com/

Thanks for joining us!

 
waidc is the winner of the Christmas Cards cart! Please send me an email {scrapalette@gmail.com} so I can send you the cart!


36 comments:

  1. Super cute! It is a totally unexpected ornament but it brings back so many good memories!! I remember playing with those little kitchens and "cooking." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. I love that it is pink and that you did this by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome little ornament. I never would have thought to do a mini kitchen for an ornament. You put so much detail in it. I love the little window planter under the back window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How creative can you get, my paper crafting friend!? This is an awesome project! The details are amazing! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just have to agree with Carolyn, your creativity totally amazes me!! Love that you were inspired by a Hallmark ornament and were able to convert the design to paper. Totally cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That just couldn't be any cuter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! you are just so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Brings back memories from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another creative piece of art. It amazes me how you create the coolest 3-D items with circles and squares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What can't you create with paper? Scrapalette it amazes me how you design with boxes. Your ornament is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just continue to amaze me, Paulette!!! I love all the little details that you put into this work of art - the siding, the window, the plate shelf (even without the plates, lol!), and even down to the faucet (that part had me picking my jaw up off the floor, lol)! Reminds me of the Hallmark ornaments that look like the toys from my childhood! Thanks for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so creative and just adorable! You have such a great imaginative mind, it's amazing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done! Reminds me of the play centre from kintergarden! thanks for sharing with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! You never cease to amaze me w/ what you can create. :-) It's adorable!!! :-)

    You made a whole bunch of wonderful childhood memories come flooding back for me. I had one of those li'l mini kitchens and I played w/ it for hours --- making li'l plasticine food. TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ya know what???? This ADORABLE kitchen is perfect for an ornament. I myself, actually use my REAL kitchen as an ornament year 'round!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH wow would love to make this but I would have no clue where to start. LOVE IT I was one of the "Have Not's" when it came to getting my toy kitchen. Mama said why do you need a easy bake oven when you have a life size one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your mini kitchen ornament! All the details are perfect, right down to the little flower box on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paulette: I wanted this kitchen set SO badly! What an absolutely adorable ornament you have created to be treasured! LOVE your directions, too! So creative, as always...

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a cute and brilliant design for an ornament! You are so inventive!!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness,this is just SO cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh I love it! that is so freakin' cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute! I will have to share this with my granddaughter. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beyond adorable! I really think you talent might be limitless!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is sooo stinkin cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a wonderful ornament. Great Job TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. That was a lot of work; but such a super job. I just love your ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Quite creative. Envious of your vision and completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an excellent ornament! LOVE it. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
    (Google and email follower)
    (dmcardmaker @AOL)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another great Christmas project - love your keepsake - and all of the amazing little details (like the faucet)! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your ornament is so adorable! Love it!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so WAY clever Paulette! I looked at all the other blogs, too, I will be scraplifting several for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your ornament is so cute -- and so detailed -- great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks just like the little kitchen where I played make-believe in Miss Goldie's kindergarten class. Love all of the little details.
    Nicely done and so unique, for the holidays, but then again perfect for baking all of those Christmas Cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely adorable!! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete