Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Tags from free images in CCR

Provo Craft has been giving free images to use for a week in CCR. . .sort of a try it before you buy it promo. Well, this week the images are some of the Holiday Cards. I really like the images, but I'm not a card maker! So what's a crafter to do? Use CCR to change them up and make them into tags!



I used CCR to "hide" the card edge and added the tag from George and Basic Shapes. I cut a solid white tag to use as the base. And, because I knew they might be "fiddly" to glue down, I cut them in red vinyl.  Easy Peasy. . .beautiful tags! And the great surprise was, the part that I weeded away was usable too! I put them on some glass candy jars.



These images are free for anyone with a CCR account to use. And yes, CCR is a free design program for your Cricut! Off to cut a few more and the "freebies" are usually changed on Wednesdays!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Great projects Paulette! I would have never thought to use vinyl and get two for the price of one! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea Paulette! looks really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great ideas! Thanks for getting my imagination working. I like the idea of using vinyl...I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Love that you could make two projects with one cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Showoff!! ; ) Awesome use of your purdy lil' noggin to use the leftover vinyl parts on another project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and very creative! That is thinking outside the cuts! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use both negatives and positives and to make a tag instead of a card!

    ReplyDelete