Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coming out of Cybernation!

My poor, neglected blog is awakening! Although I haven't posted, I have been creating. So let's start by catching up!

First, I took a trip to Orlando to meet a friend from the Cricut message board! Narelle and her family came to Orlando (from Australia) and I was so fortunate to be able to meet them. Narelle and her daughter and I spent a day shopping and chatting. They don't have Michael's Arts and Craft stores in Australia nor do they have Walmarts! I took them to both!  :)  Later that day, my sister and Narelle's husband and son joined us and we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. It was so much fun! Here's a picture of Narelle and me.


I had made a Disney themed travel planner using a 2-pocket folder and sent it over to her. I hope she found it useful as they had plane tickets and 3 different hotel reservation and bus tours and such to keep up with.



It was very similar to one I made for myself a few years ago. I had designed it using Design Studio but lost the file when my computer crashed. Fortunately, it was easy enough to re-create.



And, of course, you can't go to Orlando with going to visit Mickey Mouse. My sister and I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and I used my Cricut to cut little Mickey heads out of vinyl for our finger nails.


After dinner, I'll get some Halloween projects posted! So I hope you'll check back again!    :)

3 comments:

  1. love the nails, love the day planner love the circle love

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to meet a fellow scrapper and be the hostess after she cam half way around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That planner came in very handy!!!! It was a real treat meeting you!!! I'll never forget our dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. That dessert......... !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete