Saturday, July 26, 2014

Candy Tote


A member of my Facebook group {Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space} wanted a little candy tote she could cut in Design Space. I knew I had seen several done with the top note die from Stampin Up. And, I knew there were free shapes in the Craft Room Basics image set that resemble the top note die. So I used a photo of a die she posted and this blog to create a cutting file.

It's so easy to create in Design Space and I love that I can add score lines as well! Here are the two practice pieces cut in white Georgia Pacific cardstock. The "cover" just folds in the center. And the box assembles like most boxes, fold on the score lines, fold in the tabs, add a little glue and fold the ends up.


And here's the little candy tote, cut in blue and embossed. Yep, it fits in the cuttlebug!


Most importantly, here is the inside with the box glued in place and filled with 5 Hershey nuggets! Sorry they aren't wrapped, but I decided to wait until I was giving it to someone and choose appropriate paper to wrap them in and to embellish the tote.


So for now, here it is with just a cute bow! If you'd like the file for Design Space, come join me in the Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space facebook group! Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this. I tried but just couldn't get it right. Didn't want to spend $50 either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So super cute. I could see these being used for so many different occasions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete